The purpose and goal of this website is to provide information on the laws regarding the possession, ownership and safe use of firearms as well as provide a method for those needing legal representation to contact Cord to discuss their specific legal needs. Many lawyers are either ignorant of the history and use of firearms, firearms law or are openly hostile to the private ownership of guns. In addition to knowing the laws pertaining to firearms Cord understands the heritage of the shooting sports, the people who engage in it, and the role is has played in our Nation’s history.
Understanding your rights and privileges under State and Federal laws can be cumbersome and confusing. State and Federal agencies regularly give mis-information and attorneys who do not understand specific issues related to gun rights often give erroneous advice as well. We always recommend that you do your own “homework” and educate yourself on all the laws, regulations and agency procedures applicable to you and your individual situation. To read the laws of the State of Florida related to gun rights go to http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ You can also look up Federal and State Firearms laws for other states as well as reciprocity issues by state at http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/. In the FAQs, you can find answers to the questions most frequently asked by our clients. If you don’t find the answer to your question in the Florida Statutes or the FAQs, feel free to call our office or email us and Cord will be happy to discuss your specific situation.
It is imperative, in today’s political climate, that we understand our gun rights in order to preserve them. Cord is actively involved, as an attorney and a gun owner, fighting to protect and preserve the system of limited government established by our Founding Fathers.
Areas of Practice
- Gun Rights Restoration
- Gun Trusts (NFA & Non-NFA)
- Firearm Purchase Denials
- Constructive Possession Guidance
- Law Enforcement Refusal to Return Seized/Confiscated Firearms
- Concealed Weapons Permit Issues
- Relief from Injunctions Affecting Gun Rights
- Right-To-Carry Cases
- Local Government Infringement/State preemption of Gun Rights
- Employment Discrimination Cases Involving Firearms and Infringement on Civil Rights
- Consulting with Businesses Regarding Firearms Policies
- Consulting with Criminal Attorneys Regarding Effect of Plea/Conviction on Gun Rights
- FFL Holder & Licensing Issues